Johann Cryuff famously said, “Every disadvantage has its advantage”.
Given the developments over the past few weeks and looking forward, it could be a while before life returns to normal. During this time, we believe there is no reason soccer players cannot enjoy and play soccer alone or with family members. With
this in mind, we have moved swiftly with our partners TopYa! to develop and provide a free skills contest for players to continue to play and enjoy the beautiful game.
This program is free to all NorCal members, so grab a smartphone or tablet and get started with the 3 simple steps below!
Step 1: Get the App
1. Go to https://app.topya.com/contests/norcal-2020-homework-challenge
2. Select the button labeled “Join the Challenge!,” and select your age group
3. On the next screen, enter your phone number to receive a text with a link to download or open the TopYa! Soccer app (iOS or Android)
Step 2: Set Up Your Account
If you already have the TopYa! Soccer app and a Player Account:
1. Following the text link will open the TopYa! Soccer app where you can log into your account
2. From the Invite Code screen, select the blue “Save” button at the bottom, then select your age group
3. Go to the Skills Academy and get started!
If you do not have the TopYa! Soccer app and a Player Account:
1. Following the text link will direct you to download the app (App Store or Google Play)
2. Create a Player Account*
3. Once you’re in the app, go to the Skills Academy and get started!
*Any player under the age of 13 is required to have an associated parent account for COPPA compliance
Step 3: Develop Your Skills
Once you’re in the Skills Academy, you’ll find a few sets of NorCal PDP training series skills, along with the first stop in the TopYa! Juggling Club: Sweden! For the Juggling Club, once you complete Sweden, you will progress to Spain, then England, etc. on your virtual international soccer juggling journey! ( Some of the PDP players you see performing the
skills at 14/15 years old are now college players, National pool players and professionals)
NOTE: Because every video you submit is reviewed by a real Virtual Coach, there is a
delay between when you submit a skill video and when it is approved with your
personalized feedback. So make sure your push notifications are turned on so we can
notify you when your videos are approved. Once you’ve completed all skill levels for a
particular country, you will receive a push notification to start you on your journey in the next country.
We’re looking forward to seeing what you’ve got!
Soccer Skill Development Videos
Dear Red Star Players, Coaches, and Parents, I hope this message finds you safe and healthy. The shelter-in-place order for California and Santa Clara County has affected all of us and we learned they were extended until May 1st and May 3rd respectively. We also just...
Here is a quick instructional video that you can do at home to keep your skills sharp. To work on ball handling and footwork, try perfecting the 5 First Touch drill.Related Posts