* I understand that the ‘game’ is for the players not for the parents, I will keep sports in the proper perspective. I will not live vicariously through my child to the detriment of their development or that of other players.
* I pledge to reinforce the ELM Tree of Mastery with my child (E for Effort, L for Learning and M for bouncing back from Mistakes). Winners are people who make maximum effort, continue to learn and improve, and do not let mistakes, or fear of making mistakes, stop them. I understand that children are born with different abilities and that true measure is not how my child compares to others but how he/she is doing in comparison to his/her best self.
* I pledge to “Honor the Game.” I understand the importance of setting a good example for my child. No matter what others may do, I will show respect for all involved in the game including coaches, players, opponents, opposing fans, and officials. I understand that officials make mistakes. If the official makes a “bad” call against my team, I will Honor the Game and be silent!
* I pledge to learn the Laws of the Game of soccer.
* I pledge to refrain from sideline coaching during games or training. I understand this may cause confusion and may erode my child’s confidence. I will limit my comments during games to encouraging my child and other players.
* I pledge to refrain from making negative comments about my child’s coach, my child’s peers, or other parents in my child’s presence. I understand that this plants a negative seed in my child’s thinking that can negatively influence my child’s motivation and overall experience.
* I pledge to refrain from behaving in a fashion that would reflect negatively on Red Star Soccer, my peers, my family or me as an individual. Regardless of the motive or precipitating factor, I will remain calm and professional in my actions and demeanor. I will strive to abide by the 48 hour “cooling off” rule to digest any conflict or stressful situation, and come back to address the issue with the appropriate staff member.
* I pledge to fulfill my financial obligation to Red Star Soccer in a timely manner and not put any undue pressure on those parents who have met their respective requirements. I will communicate any special needs and/or circumstances which may limit my ability to remit timely payments to the Red Star Treasurer.
* I pledge to get my child to practice and games on time. I understand that it can be embarrasing for my child to be late and that I may be putting him/her at risk by not providing adequate time for warm up. I will be on time to pick up my child from all games and practices.
* I understand players are allowed to practice with other teams in the Academy. I will seek prior permission from both coaches in situations my child has this opportunity.
* Out of respect for coaches, on behalf of my child, I pledge to notify the coach in advance of any expected tardiness or absence with an email, text, or phone call.
* I will develop in my child a responsibility to prepare and maintain his/her gear bag (both uniforms, footwear, shinguards, ball, and water) for all practices and games.
* I understand that Red Star players “earn” their positions and time on the field from their work ethic, skill development, and leadership, not through entitlement and/or parental influencing attempts. We have decided to join Red Star and support the Long-Term Player Development model which leaves all the soccer-related decisions to the team of professional staff.
* I understand Red Star has developed a communication plan for parental questions and/or concerns that impact soccer training, game experience, and academy operations. I pledge to follow the process.Please feel free to discuss any concerns or ideas with the Technical Director or board members. In doing so you are exercising your rights as a member of Red Star Soccer Academy.